Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Chessman Omelette

This first time my husband ever made me breakfast he asked if I wanted eggs and oatmeal.  I was thinking I would be getting scrambled eggs with a side of oatmeal however after about 10 minutes in the kitchen he came back with something that looked like an omelette! I was a little reluctant to try it but after my first bite, I was sold! This has been my breakfast almost daily ever since.  

Ingredients:

1 whole egg
2 egg whites
2/3 cup gluten free oatmeal

First combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. 


Next heat a frying pan to medium high heat and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the frying pan and spread it out.


Once the edges start to look cooked, check the bottom, you're looking for a lightly browned look.  (This takes about 5 minutes) flip the omelette to cook on the other side. 

Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes and serve!

You can eat this how it is or pick a topping.  Here are a few of our favorites:

Honey and salt
Peach preserves
Sliced bananas
Cinnamon and honey
Salsa
Cholula sauce
Peanut butter





No comments:

Post a Comment